Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effect Faux Cils Review

I was recently gifted my most favorite Vox Box to date.  This Vox Box from Influenster contained the very luxurious Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Volume Effet Faux Cils Volume (a fancy name for a fancy product!).  I was sent this for free to test and since it arrived I have been testing the heck out of it!  

As a disclaimer, even though I was sent this for testing purposes, all opinions are my own!



Here's the thing about my eyelashes... they're sad, pitiful little things.  A few curl up, some curl down, others stick straight out.  Forget about eyelash curlers, my eyelashes won't hold a curl either.  

This mascara comes in 6 colors, I received mine in the color high density black.  The website states "the Triple-Intensity Formula: intense volume, intense color and now intense care. The nylon fiber brush coats each lash in deep color and maximum volume from root to tip, while B5 Pro-Vitamin strengthens and protects lashes."   



When I saw these claims I was skeptical.  I've tried a lot of mascaras and I've yet to come across one that made my lashes any better.  When I first started testing the mascara I was quite happy, and still am.  It certainly thickens my puny little lashes and it doesn't feel dry and is actually still quite flexible.  I did notice more length when I was finished with my second coat.

Here are some before pictures of my lashes.  You have been warned.



Here are some after shots with the mascara applied.



As you can see they look MUCH better.  I think most people using this mascara would LOVE it because most people do not have as horrible lashes as I do, and if I like the results I can only imagine the wonders this could do for others.

There is definitely a false lash effect, especially with a second coat.  I think it lends itself very well to a smokey eye look! 




So finally, a mascara I love.  Although pricey at $32, I definitely think it is worth the splurge!

 I do want to note that there is a subtle perfume scent, but it isn't overwhelming and you can't really smell it once it is one your lashes.  I have horrible issues with my eyes and sometimes products with scents can cause my super sensitive eyes to burn and itch.  I am happy to report I have experienced no problem with this mascara so people with sensitive eye rest easy!

My overall assessment: No clumps, not drying, no flakes, easy to remove, gorgeous effect even with my awful lashes?  How could I do anything but recommend this product!  I wholeheartedly love this product and will be purchasing it in the future and might even purchase a different color!

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.