Wednesday, April 8, 2015

You Win Colour Pop, I'm on the Bandwagon!

I remember when Colour Pop's super shock eye shadows first started appearing on my instagram feed, and then twitter, and then all the YouTubers I watched started raving about them.  I would generally ignore it because the last thing I need is another brand or type of product to fall in love with, because once I'm in love with something I enter a Pokemon master mindset and I have the catch em' all, or collect them all in this case.  It's a problem, I know, I'm working on it.

Unfortunately it didn't last.  I caved.

They sent this adorable hand written card, which tells me they care.  I mean seriously, how cute is that?  My only question is where is mount awesome?  Is it close to the Shire?  As long as it's nowhere near Mount Doom in Mordor I'm fine.  Sorry, went off on a nerd tangent.

On to my review!

One of the biggest reasons I wanted to try these shadows is because absolutely noone could describe them.  In every post or video I would hear something along the lines of "I can't really describe the texture, it's kind of a like a _____".  That had me intrigued.  I heard everything from cream, to mousse, to aloe vera gel.  I figured once I got them I would finally set the record straight on what the texture is like!

I can't really describe the texture, and I'm not even going to try because there isn't a word for it.  So I have clearly failed in my mission to accurately describe them, but at $5 a shadow, I'm just going to advise you to try them for yourselves.

Not a Box of Chocolates set
Top L-R: Halo, Tinsel, Partridge
Bottom L-r: Sleigh, Drift, Doe-A-Deer

They come in plastic white containers with a screw top.  It's important to screw them back on tightly or they'll lose whatever magic ju-ju that makes them so special.

They start off with a cute imprint but once you use them it rubs away pretty quickly.  That's okay though, the product is still AMAZING.

Megan Naik Collection
Top L-R: Onai, Lectra
Bottom L-R: Amira, Farah
I stayed away from these because they are technically dubbed a cream shadow and my oily face and lids hate anything that's a cream, but I prime my eyes all the time so I figured it would be worth a shot.  Luckily these worked well and stayed put all day.  

I love the versatility.  You can swipe on one color for a clean, polished look, or use several colors.  They also play well with powdered shadows which is a plus!

Colour Pop Tinsel all over the lid
Colour Pop Onai, Amira, Lectra, Farah
Colour Pop Onai, Amira, Lectra, Farah

They take a little getting used to but I've really fallen in love with them.  They advise using your fingers to apply but I'll use a combination of my fingers (even though I HATE using my fingers on my eyes) and brushes.

So would I recommend these?  Well I'm waiting on a second order so obviously I would!