Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Back to School Makeup - Making Neutrals Fun For Someone Who Hates Neutrals

Yeah, it's that time of year again.  Back to grad school for me and back to school for a ton of other young whipper snappers.

I love going to class, I really do.  It's normally the only time I get to really experiment with fun makeup...to a certain degree of course.

Unfortunately I'm in an MBA program, and there's not a lot of fun going around and I normally stand out in a classroom because of my bright makeup choices.  It's the first day of classes though, so I don't want my professor's thinking I'm crazy until they get to know me.  Because, you know, I'm that "fun" kind of crazy.

I find that even when I'm using my neutral colors my makeup is still way darker than the other students.  Oh well.

Anyways, now that my complaining about having to tone down my makeup is over, here's what I wore tonight:


Face:

  • SmashBox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15
  • NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder
  • NYX Blush in Taupe
  • BareMinerals Loose Blush in First Blush
  • Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight 01
  • Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Spray

Brows:

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder in Dark Brown
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Eyes:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Kat Von D Star Studded Palette (I will be posting an operation palette with this soon and details on the eyes will be included)
  • MAC Fluid Line in Black Track
  • Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
Lips:

  • NYX Lip Liner in Rose
  • Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Lusting For Blush


(My side eye face when someone says something stupid)
So, according to the title, I apparently made neutrals fun.  Did I really? No.  Does that mean I lied?  Kind-of.  

People are going to like what they're going to like.  I like purple, pink, green, red, blue, yellow, orange....ALL AT THE SAME TIME.  Some people find neutrals fun, and that's fine too.  We're all aloud to have our own taste.  

Unfortunately this wasn't the time or place to paint a rainbow on my face.  One day I hope for a world in which we are free to express our makeup tastes whenever and wherever we want. 

Maybe I should try to start a movement?  FREE MAKEUP 20XX!!  #FreeMakeup2015?

Or maybe not.  People might start asking me for free makeup if I went with that name.  Oh well, one can dream.