Monday, December 15, 2014

Taste Test - Celestial Seasonings "Candy Cane Lane" Green Tea

So I just posted about the #FrostyVoxBox I received.  If you missed that post you can read it here.  In the box I got a sample of Celestial Seasonings decaffeinated green tea in Candy Cane Lane.  I know this is a beauty blog but I have a passion for tea as well and I have quite a huge collection so I thought I would share some reviews/thoughts on some teas every once and awhile.

Seeing as I just received this voxbox and this tea was inside, I thought this would be a good place to start.






Before I begin, I thought I would share a tip about green teas for those who aren't avid tea drinkers.  When boiling your water for green tea, make sure it comes up to just boiling.  If you go full-on boil your going to burn the leaves and it will end up tasting pretty bitter.



You will want to steep your tea for approximately 3 minutes. 


The aroma of this tea is great.  You can definitely smell the peppermint right away.

Upon first sipping you initially taste the peppermint.  A great cooling sensation takes over and you start to taste the other notes like vanilla and a tiny hint of cinnamon.

Personally, I don't sweeten my green teas, but experimenting with teas is always fun so do whatever you want with it!  

This is a great tasting tea and I think I'll be purchasing a full box for the winter season!


Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.