Thursday, August 28, 2014

Updates & Too Faced Paparazzi Ready Collection - Sephora Exclusive

I'm sorry about the delay in posts!  I'm still trying to find time to successfully go to grad school, do my job, spend time with my family, and run this blog.  It's hard to juggle life!

I'll post as often as I can but I still don't have a strict schedule, plus I'm thinking about shifting the focus of this blog.  It will still be mostly makeup but I want to incorporate looks featuring specific palette's.  I would normally like to pick up the newest palettes and post looks from those (and sometimes review), but I've been neglecting a lot of my other palette's!  They need love too!

Anyways, until I get that under control, here's a look at the Too Faced Paparazzi Ready collection at Sephora.  




If you know anything about me then you'll know 1) I LOOOVVVEEE makeup and 2) I LOOOOVVEEE good deals.  I really can't pass them up.  It's a problem.  Help.

Anyways, I got this gem at Sephora a month or so ago, and it's still there so grab it while you can!  It includes a full sized version of their FANTASTIC bronzer in Milk Chocolate (you know, the one for pale people like me!), a full sized black eyeliner, which, by the way, you can never have too much of, a full sized lip gloss, a deluxe size of their LashGasm Mascara, and a deluxe size of their tinted beauty balm in cream glow.  You get all that for the price of $40, and considering the bronzer by itself is $30, this is a fantastic deal!


Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer Compact
The bronzer is really the focal point of this set, and it does not disappoint.  It smells like chocolate, which is amazing.  As I mentioned before, the color is perfect for fair skinned people and can be built up if wanted.  So it's perfect if you want a little warmth or if you want to contour with bronzer (which I'm told is a no-no, but there's no such thing as the makeup police so contour with bronzer if you want!).

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer Swatches


The eye liner is your standard black pencil liner.  I find it especially good in terms of staying power on my water line.  It's soft, creamy, and easy to apply.

The lipgloss is a sheer, peachy brown nude.  Normally anything brown doesn't work with my overly cool undertones but this looks very nice so I'm confident in recommending it to all skin tones.  There is no discernible tingle either so anyone that is sensitive to that need not worry!

The tinted beauty balm baffles me.  Since the lighter version of the chocolate soleil bronzer is the main attraction of this kit, and that is more aimed for pale people like myself, I was confused as to why the beauty balm included was so dark.  I'll probably be giving away to my sister who is more of a medium skin tone.  

Lastly there's the mascara.  It just your standard mascara with a typical applicator you'd find anywhere else so it's nothing super special but it's not bad either.  I'll definitely get some use out of it but I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size.

L-R: Tinted beauty balm dot, blended, Mocha Freeze Lipgloss

Overall:  This is a fantastic set if you are on the prowl for a good bronzer for paler/lighter skintones and want to try some other Too Faced products!  Although the tinted beauty balm won't work for me, it was just a deluxe sample size so it doesn't detract much from the great value of the overall set.