Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut - Bath & Body Works Candle

It's been one hell of a week.  One of my favorite things to do after a long day is light a good candle and play a video game.  I really enjoy sweet, bakery type scents and this week I'm reviewing a fan favorite!  That's right, Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut!

This is a favorite of mine because my favorite type of doughnut are those cinnamon twisty ones.  Oh man, so good.  If I wasn't trying to lose weight I'd go get some.  Well, at least I have this candle.  Calorie free indulgence!





Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut smells exactly what you would think it would smell like.  I'm always surprised when a candle smell matches the name so well.  Bath and Body Works did a great job capturing a real doughnut shop smell.  The balance of a freshly baked glazed doughnut and cinnamon is perfect, neither scents really overwhelm the other.

The throw is very strong with this one.  Almost too strong!  It fills several rooms!  I can definitely seeing some people being overwhelmed with it.  I normally burn my candles fairly close to my desk but I have to move this to a table or somewhere a little farther than normal due to how strong it is.

The burn is fairly good.  The wax melts evenly and I never have to use my foil trick to get it to melt all the way around.  I did notice the flames started to lower after several hours of burning but it didn't really affect the wax melting or throw.

Overall:  If you love bakery scents and want a candle that smells better than the real thing I'd highly recommend this candle.