Monday, July 7, 2014

Too Faced Rock N Roll Rock Candy Palette looks + thoughts

I love Too Faced so much.  They have so many great products!  I created a couple looks out of their new Rock N Roll palette.  I did the same thing for their Country Palette.  You can see that here.  Anyways, here's what I came up with!


Rockabilly, Rap, Ska
New Wave, Pop, Heavy Metal,
New Romantic, Glam Rock, Punk



Look #1:




The first look is fairly simple and just basically follows the first line of eyeshadows. 

I used Rap all over the lid, Ska in the crease, and Rockabilly as the highlight.  I smudged Heavy Metal on the lower lash line.  I used a liquid liner on the upper lash line.


Look #2:





This look was way more intense than the first, especially on my pale skin.  I first patted New Romantic from lash line to brow bone.  Then I applied Glam Rock all over the lid.  I applied Punk in the crease, and layered Ska over it, slightly extending it above Punk.  I applied a thicker layer of liquid liner on the upper lash line and a black pencil to the lower waterline.


Overall thoughts on the palette:

Like the Country Palette, this was pretty solid in terms of performance.  It might even be a little better because I didn't notice any real misses among the shadows like I did in the Country Palette.  I think when deciding between the two it should just come down to what colors speak to you and what you would want to wear.  I really enjoy using this palette.  I can make an everyday look and something for rock concerts!