Wednesday, June 4, 2014

BareMinerals 4.0 Eyeshadow Quad in "The Glass Beach" - three day-to-night looks

I picked up BareMineral's new 4.0 palette in "The Glass Beach" a week or so ago and have been racking my brain with what to do with it.  Well I thought I'd create a day-to-night look with a twist!  Normally with a day-to-night look you get two looks.  One day.  One night.  I'll give you three for the price of two!  Just kidding, they're all free.  I'll give you a day, an in-between, and a night.  The in-between can be worn either during the day or night depending on what you want and what your style is.  Have fun with it!

Besides mascara, I only use the palette, so you will only need that to do any of these looks!

Top L-R: Pacific Sands, Sea Glass,
Bottom L-R: Golden Coast, Tide Pool


Keep reading for the looks!

For the looks, use the above caption of colors as reference to what I used.

*Important note*: These looks build off each other.  After completing one look, I moved on to another look without removing the previous look.  

Day look:

The day look is very simple and appropriate for most work or school settings!  On my skin it is very light.  It was very hard to pick up on camera.




Step 1: Apply Pacific Sands, the cream color, from lid to brow bone.
Step 2: Apply Golden Coast, the gold color, on the out half of the lid and blend into crease.
Step 3: Line upper and lower lashline with Sea Glass, the jade color. 

Easy peasy!  Let's move on!


In-between "whenever you want" look:



Step 4: Apply Golden Coast all over lid to the crease.
Step 5: Blend Sea Glass into crease.  Build as much or as little as you would like.  This creates a gorgeous golden jade shimmer. 
Step 6: Line upper lash line only in Tide pool.


Night Look:

This is generally a tame night look for me, but I liked it anyways!





Step 7: Buff Tide Pool into the outer crease.  If it's not dark enough, buff more Tide pool in.  Don't forget to blend blend blend! 
Step 8: Line your lower lashline in Tide Pool.
Step 9: Re-line your upper lashline in Tide Pool to ensure optimum dark and smokiness.

Finishing touches: By now you probably put on mascara.  You might want to put on another coat to eliminate some of the fallout.  Alternatively, false lashes are always a nice touch.

Hope you enjoyed!