Monday, May 12, 2014

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick - My First Purple Lipstick!

Holy cannoli I love the new Too Faced Melted Lipsticks!  I was needing to add something to my bag at Ulta for free shipping and thought 'oh what the heck'.  I even surprised myself when I added the violet color.  I have never tried a purple lipstick before because I felt I lacked that confidence and coolness factor that you see people with purple lipstick having, but as soon as I put it on it was all like... SORRY NOT SORRY!



Even as I held that lipstick backwards in my pictures....NOT SORRY!




I think some women and men have a natural confidence and cool factor, but as I mentioned above, I find myself lacking.  It turns out purple lipstick gives you coolness if you lack it, so yay me.  I'm going to wear this EVERYWHERE!

As for the review....

The color isn't as 'purple' as others on the market.  It definitely can read as magenta.  I consider it a good starting place for those wanting to try bolder colors like straight up purple.

It felt like silk gliding on my lips and I loved applying it.  It was like applying color with baby angel hair.  It has a slanted felt tipped applicator so it was super easy to apply, and a little goes a long way.  You can apply a tiny bit to get a stain like affect or build it to opacity. It had a satin finish that was absolutely gorgeous. 

It stayed a good 4.5 hours on me, but I'm an obsessive lip smacker so that wear time is phenomenal.  The only other products that give me good wear time is Kat Von D's Liquid Lipstick and of course, OCC Lip Tar!

Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure!



flash

no flash

These come in six different colors and I definitely am going to pick up more!  You can get them at Sephora, Ulta, Beaut.com and TooFaced.com for $21!