Monday, May 26, 2014

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Dune Generation Swatches + Review - Dune, Off World, Nomad, & Aurora

I recently purchased four out of six new Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Stained Glosses. 


Dune, Off World, Nomad, Aurora
Enjoy the review and swatches!



Dune, Off World, Nomad, Aurora


Dune, Off World, Nomad, Aurora
Review:

I made sure to get all of the new metallic stained glosses because they are new to the line.  I picked up Aurora because...well, I like pinky corals.  

Normally I use the stained glosses over lip tars to add dimension or create different looks, but I wore them on their own for reviewing purposes.

Dune is a "champagne gold shimmer".  I found it to be sheer with a pretty gold metallic finish.  I found it to be hard to get it to apply evenly and I couldn't build to opacity.  This could be used on it's own but because of how light and sheer it is, I think it would be fantastic to mix or layer over other lip tars.  It did not leave a stain behind and lasted roughly 2 hours.

Off World is a "pearlescant lilac shimmer".  To me, it looked more pink than lilac in the tube but once on the lips it was a very light lilac/pink.  This also has their new metallic finish.  I found it hard to apply it when building to opacity.  I could never get it quite even.  I didn't notice a stain left behind and it lasted about 2 hours on me.

Nomad is a "gold laced maroon".  This was my favorite to work with from the selection of new metallic stained glosses.  This was easier to apply, applied evenly, and was easy to build to opacity.  The finish is a gorgeous maroon/dark red with a gorgeous golden metallic finish.  This lasted 5 hours on me and left behind a light maroon stain with gold still visible. 

Aurora is a "pink toned coral".  I love the cream glosses, especially layered over other lip tars or used to create new colors that are a little more sheer.  This was super easy to apply and can be fully opaque.  It also applied very evenly.  The color is absolutely stunning!  This lasted 5 hours on me.


The glosses don't last nearly as long on me as the lip tars do, but I still love them.  I also notice that with glosses you need to use a little more product than the original lip tars, but for me that's not a deal breaker.  As I mentioned above, my favorite way to use them is to mix or layer, but they are definitely a beauty on their own.

As for their new metallic stained glosses, it was really a hit-or-miss.  While Nomad performed excellently, Off World and Dune were a little harder to apply evenly.