Thursday, March 20, 2014

Too Faced A La Mode - Sexy St. Tropez Eye Shadow Collection

Look what I just got in the mail today!  Pretty, right?  This is the new eye palette from the summer 2014 Too Faced Collection!





click "read more" to take a closer look!





The colors are very summer-y! 


With Flash L-R: St. Tropez, Cannes, Soleil, Riviera, Jardin, Cote d'Azur, La Croisette, Monaco, De La Mer


No Flash L-R: St. Tropez, Cannes, Soleil, Riviera, Jardin, Cote d'Azur, La Croisette, Monaco, De La Mer


The colors are richly pigmented, however, on my fair skin, a couple colors like St. Tropez and Riviera were hard to see.  I still think they'll work well enough as subtle highlighters for the brow bone or make a good base.

The super glittery colors, like Cannes, might be hard to work with for some people, as it seemed to be pretty gritty due to the glitter, so a good eye primer or even NYX's milk pencil is recommended.   Also be aware that there is some fall out, so prepare for that.

All the colors are either shimmery or glittery, so if you're more of a matte person, this probably isn't the palette for you.

My Overall Impression:  These are all lovely colors, even the ones that are harder to see (you can see them better in person.  I blame the camera).  Despite the difficulty working with Cannes and the bit of fall out I had, I think this is a very worthwhile palette.


It is available now at Ulta and Too Faced for $36 and will be available at other retailers soon (April, I believe).