Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick - Outlaw

I've had this for a little while now and have been waiting to review.  I love red lipsticks and recently I've been loving all things matte, so this seemed like it was going to be AWESOME!  Good news, I do think it's great, but it will take me awhile to get used to the formula, which as you can guess since it dried very matte, is pretty dry. I would suggest using a good lip scrub and even using a clean tooth brush to make sure all dead skin is removed from the lips because it will cling to it for dear life!
It dries very fast (under 30 seconds), so applying it with a brush would be hard.  It will take awhile to get the application down but since I love the finish, I will work at it.
It emphasized the lines on my lips a bit, but you can only tell if your really close to me.  Personally, I think the color and finish is worth it!
As for wear time, once it was on, it took some hard scrubbing to get it off.  It did not transfer AT ALL.  I probably could of slept in it and it would of looked the same the next morning!

I would recommend a lip liner with this to make the lines cleaner, as you can see below I could of benefited from one, but for reviewing purposes I opted out of using one.



Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid in Outlaw





Score:

Texture: 3.5/5
Application: 2.5/5
Wear: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Total: 4/5

My Overall thoughts:  This are lovely if you love reds and want a matte finish.  If you're not used to liquid lipsticks (like me!) it will take a little practice to get the hang of, but I certainly think it's worth it!


Available at Sephora - $19 for .18 0z.



2 comments:

  1. Hi I came upon your review searching for a good weightless matte and found ur comment on Temptalia so I clicked over. It sounds lovely but I don't see a picture of your wearing it tho it seems you refer to one noting the need for a liner. I'm on a mobile device so perhaps didn't translate to mobile? It reminded me also I have one of these lip products my best friend gave me a year ago that somehow got lost. And I don't remember the exact color tho it was a mauvey nude. But I love to try any red lip Glad I found your blog also. Again great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently removed the lip swatch because the quality of the photo wasn't very good but I will be redoing it sometime soon. As for the mauvey nude color, I think you're thinking of "Lolita". I just got that color and it fits your description. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete