Tuesday, February 18, 2014

PurplecatCreatives Sugar Scrub - Gossamer

I recently found love at Etsy!  I'm pretty sure it's been around awhile but I just caught on.  It's such a great place to find unique and quality items for a good price.

There are a few shops I'm very much in love with and PurplecatCreatives is one of them.  So many different products!  There are scents that are available all year round and then there are scents that are updated seasonally.  I believe the spring/summer collection is just coming out so give the shop a look!   

One of the first items I grabbed was a sugar scrub.  I have rough, horrible skin in the winter and all the other scrubs I tried didn't have enough particles to slough away my awful buildup of dead skin (gross, I know).  I stumbled onto these gems by accident and boy has it made a world of difference!




The creator of these sugar scrubs describes the texture as scoopable, like raw cookie dough, and she is right.  They are the perfect consistency for those with rough patches that need scrubbed away.  It can be a bit abrasive so I would warn those with sensitive skin to scrub very very lightly.

After using the skin feels soft and moisturized and the dead skin cells are a thing of the past!

The packaging is ADORABLE, and with the scent selection you can't go wrong.

Gossamer, the scent shown here is described as "Elegant jasmine and orchid blossoms balanced with black pepper, bulgarian rose and nuances of oak".  It look my nose awhile to get used to this scent and although not one of my favorites, I can see other people loving this smell.  There are a lot of scents to choose from so there is something for everyone.

The price is very reasonable at $6.50 for 4 oz. 

Check this and other products from PurplecatCreatives here!

Rating for Gossamer Sugar Scrub


Packaging: 4/5
Texture: 4.5/5
Scent: 2.5/5
Application: 4/5

Overall: 4/5

(My rating system will change over time, but there may be variations between rating system based on product type i.e. makeup, skincare, fragrance, etc.)