Thursday, February 20, 2014

BareMinerals True Romantic Collection

I really love this collection and I even used the entire collection for my Valentine's day look.  You can see that here.

 The first thing I fell in love with was the packaging.
 The rose gold was absolutely beautiful!


 The shadows were absolutely beautiful! They definitely have a romantic tone that lends well to the name.  

The True Romantic Quad: Left to Right - Love it, Woo is Me, Louder, Head Over Heals

My swatches don't do the quad justice.  The ready formula is known for its easy/buttery application and this did not disappoint.  I had to pack on Woo is Me a little more than my other shadows in the ready formula but it was still absolutely breathtaking.

Love It is described as a "light mint shimmer" which seems like a pretty spot on description
Woo is Me is described as an "apricot sheen", although there are a lot of dimensions to this shadow and to really get a feel for it I think you'd have to see it in person
Louder is described as a "burnished copper" which is a good description although I see a medium gold element to it
Head Over Heels is described as a "warm slate" although I see a little brown in it.  This is the only matte shade in the palette and it is beautiful!


I was a big fan of their old stick eyeliners (Big & Bright).  This wasn't my favorite, especially in comparison to their old formula or pencil liner's like Urban Decay's.  It was a little difficult to apply to my waterline but once I got it there it wore decently.  I needed to reapply a few hours later.  I think if you just use it on you upper lid or lower lashline the wear time would be longer. 
Lasting Line Long-Wearing eyeliner in Always Charcoal


BareMinerals Loose Blush in Swoon
The blush was the selling point for me.  When I first saw it I "swooned".  It was a beautiful pinkish coral shade with a matte finish.  I don't have a lot of matte blushes so this was a must have for me!


Swoon swatches


Once again my swatches don't do this product any justice!  I'm especially sad I couldn't capture the beauty of the blush because it was just so phenomenal and it applied like a dream.

Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Heartbreaker and Lipstick in Feel the Love




Both the lipstick and gloss were very pretty, although if you have other light to medium pink lipglosses, you could probably skip this purchase. 
I was a bit scared of the lipstick at first because it is described as a "caramel-rose pink".  When I hear caramel I think warm and brown, and with my very cool undertones, those tend to make me look awful, BUT!  This turned out to be a GORGEOUS shade and it seems to work on most anyone.  I've seen it worn on a lot of different skin tones and it seems to be beautiful on everyone.  The wear wasn't particularly long and required touch up frequently, but that might be because I'm a lip smacker!

Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Feel the Love" and Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in "Heartbreaker"

Here's the total look!




Scores:

Eyeshadow Quad in The True Romantic:
Love it
Texture: 4/5
Application: 3.5/5
Wear: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 3.5/5
Woo is Me
Texture: 3/5
Application: 3/5
Wear: 3.5/5
Pigmentation: 3/5
Louder
Texture: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Wear: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Head Over Heels
Texture: 4.5/5
Application: 5/5
Wear: 5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Overall: 4/5

Lasting Line Eyeliner:
Texture: 3/5
Application: 2.5/5
Wear: 2.5/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Overall: 3/5

Blush in Swoon:
Texture: 5/5
Application: 4.5/5
Wear: 4.5/5
Pigmentation: 5/5
Overall: 4.5/5

Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Feel the Love:
Texture: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Wear: 2/5
Pigmentation: 4/5
Overall: 3.5/5

Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Heartbreaker:
Texture: 4/5
Application: 4/5
Wear: 3/5
Pigmentation: 3.5/5
Overall: 3.5/5